Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Nova Scotia Advocate




I was really so pleased to get an email today from Robert DeVet, the editor who runs The Nova Scotia Advocate informing me my article Not Disposable had been published.

 Filmmaker Jackie Torrens (My Week On Welfare) first put me in touch with Robert DeVet and I thank her very much for suggesting that he might be interested in me writing an article for the online paper, and he was!

The Nova Scotia Advocate is a grassroots publication with a strong social conscience, engaged in advocacy and activism within the local and provincial Nova Scotia community and is very much supported by readers.

2 comments:

Judith Joseph said...

Congratulations, Catherine! That's exciting!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Judith. I'm very excited, thrilled and grateful. Now I'm aiming for my second article that will be based on an interview. I'm not sure what the subject matter will be, but I have some ideas. I even got paid!