Saturday, January 21, 2017

"No More Asking Daddy" - Gloria Steinem

"No More Asking Daddy" - Gloria Steinem Women's March on Washington - January 21st 2017


A monumental day of unity for women world wide. The link above under the photo of women marching in Washington gives real insight into the power of women, and the power of people to organize and take action.

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada - Women's March on Washington January 21st 2017


I remember specifically the words of Dr. Cornell West the "Jazz Man of Ideas''.

" We can advocate, have empathy and even protest but we need to organize and take action."


4 comments:

thesycamoretree said...

The march and the speeches brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart. Mess with women, and you will unleash the kraken! :D

Unknown said...

It's really an empowering event! Last night I watched the rally they had in NYC. Rev Al Sharptan was so inspiring! I hope the day of reckoning has arrived, were women are claiming their personal power! The second photo I posted is my best friend who attended in Halifax. So happy and proud of her!

Stubblejumpers Café said...

Thanks for posting Ms Steinem's speech, as I hadn't seen it anywhere else yet.
I admire her so much! Everything she says makes such sense, and always has.
I too was very moved by the worldwide marches and solidarity shown. It was beautiful!
-Kate

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your comment Kate and for dropping by. Me too I've admired her for many years. She's a humble women and very intelligent person always caring about human rights.

- Catherine