Sunday, October 2, 2016

Titty Shake Son of Dave



My favourite thing to do on Saturday night is to listen to Saturday Night Blues with Holger Peterson. I've been listening for thirty years or however long it's been on CBC Radio.

What I love the most is when Holger plays a musician I've never heard before that just blows me away. That happened last night when I heard Son of Dave ( Benjamin Darvill ) who use to be a member of the band Crash Test Dummies. He's a  Canadian from Winnipeg now based in the UK. He's described as" an international cult Bluesman on a mission to save your musical soul from atrophy" I love that description.  Harmonica, beat box, percussion and his voice are his tools of salvation.

I was having a bad day that turned into a good day and my musical soul is certainly not in any danger of atrophying. I'm happy to share this youtube video of Son of Dave with you and hope it turns your bad day into a good one or perhaps saves your musical soul.

No comments: