Wednesday, April 29, 2015

THANKYOU!

Carla


I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to all of those who voted for my cousin Carla Bonnell during the CBC Searchlight Contest. Carla made it to the third round to the top ten representing Northern Ontario. Last year she'd got to round two. She was thrilled to have made it further this time round, and I know how grateful she is to each and every person who voted, supported and encouraged her to keep going.

Needless to say, we are all very proud of her determination, courage and passion for music and the stories she tells about the country, that she dearly loves, Canada.

I thought I'd put her thank you from her face book page on my blog post today.

" What a ride!! I want to thank all of you who supported me in the CBC Searchlight Contest. Third round was AMAZING!! I didn't make the next round, but I'm telling you it was a life changing experience to have so many of you supporting me and encouraging me the way that you did. Top 10 for my region was a real honor! Thanks again!!"

2 comments:

thesycamoretree said...

Best of luck to her as she continues her dream, even though she didn't win the contest. I'm sure just having her face and music in the media has garnered her some new fans!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Bev.
It's very true! She's got a whole posse of new fans and made some great contacts with some new opportunities!