Friday, December 5, 2014

Where To Find Connection



I might be biased because Carla Bonnell is my cousin, but I am very proud of her. I have not known Carla all my life. We actually never knew one another even existed until a few years ago, like many of my relatives on my father's side of the family. Meeting her, and having long heart to heart conversations about family helped me to greatly appreciate, and love her in a deep familial way.

Though we don't get to see one another much, her own original music has helped me to connect and understand her, because she has a story to tell. I believe this is what artists do, telling the stories that resonate with others, and what it means to be human.

 Carla has followed her passion creatively, and intuitively, in spite of set backs. I admire her determination, perseverance, and trust in God to lead, and guide her.

 In this video she gives an earnest and heart felt description of her creative musical journey, and what it means to her. I love my cousin and I am so grateful to have connected with her and proud to call her family.

No comments: