Sunday, September 21, 2014

Creative Block

Creative Blocks
 
Brain Pickings had a great article today about creative block , and how artists respond and cope with this state of mind. Having a creative block is something I know exists, and I certainly experience it, from time to time. I expect it means different things, to different people, involved with the creative process as artists, whether they be visual, performing, designers or writers, and it can be brought on but a variety of reasons.

 One of the most important lessons I have learned as an artist, is the importance of doing something, or specifically, one creative activity habitually, that you enjoy doing daily, every day. This has been very helpful, in that it keeps the negative inner critic ramblings at bay and improves my creative process and builds upon my creative practice.

No comments: