Wednesday, August 3, 2011

She Calls Herself By Many Names



" THERE IS AN OLD WOMAN   who lives in a place that everyone knows in their souls but few have ever seen. She seems to wait for lost or wandering people and seekers to come to her place.
She is circumspect, often hairy, always fat, and especially wishes to evade most company. She is both a crower and a crackler, generally having more animals sounds than human ones.
She  calls herself by many names: La Huesera, Bone Woman; La Trapera, The Gatherer; and La Loba, Wolf Woman". 
Woman That Run With the Wolves, Clarissa Pinkola Estes.


This painting I sold and so I have done another version. I am pleased with how this turned out. I find the process of rendering or creating art compelling. I never know just how the final work is going to be expressed and I usually have feelings of insecurity  and wondering if I'll be able to complete the work so I will be satisfied with it. It's a matter of faith in my ability to trust myself and simply trust the creative process. 


" The Wild Woman is the one who dares, who creates, and who destroys. She is the primitive and inventing soul that makes all creative acts and arts possible".
 Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments: