Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wolf Woman


I had a brain fart a minute ago and realized I deleted this post mistakenly, and so I am re-posting it again!

I have been re-reading a book by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph. D. Women That Run With The Wolves. She is a cantadora which means she is "keeper of the old stories". Stories are medicine she says and I believe this to be so. It is a book of women's stories, about the wild self, tellings about the ways of the wild woman, that many woman have forgotten.
This book has been and is continuing to become a very vital and significant influence on my creative life.

"All these stories present the knife of insight, the flame of the passionate life, the breath to speak what one knows, the courage to stand what one sees without looking away, the fragrance of the wild woman." - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

I am beginning to paint the powerful imagery of this book. These egg tempera paintings I am working on are small studies of my imagination. I have posted the first one I completed.

2 comments:

canvas artwork said...

that picture is very good art

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for saying...and thank you for dropping by, it's very much appreciated!