Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Cousin I Never Knew

Over the past few years I have found cousins I'd never knew I had. Many I have connected with over social media and it has been a wonderful experience for me as I had been without any knowledge of so many due to the fact my father had long been estranged with his family of origin.

Some of these cousins I have never met face to face. Nonetheless I have a strong connection with them through music, art, theatre, humour and animals all things we are very passionate about.

One of these cousins I heard over a radio program from British Columbia last night. We are both on opposites ends of the country. But hearing his voice for the first time ever last night it was an amazing experience. I felt like I recognized this person immediately as my family, like I'd known him all my life. Perhaps this is what's meant but blood is thicker the water. I have posted a link to the radio show he was interviewed on last night. He is a Comedian, and Actor and a Drag Queen.

I am so proud to call him my cousin Rick Meyers A.K.A. Vikki Smudge.
http://dailysplice.com/play?s_​id=383344&ep_id=815120

No comments: