Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Painting




This is my most recent painting, egg tempera on wood, I did today. My reference was from one of those old black and white family photos that I think everyone cherishes. The photo, I figure was taken in the 1942, prior to my brother and I being born. My mum and dad were courting. My father was in the army and is in his uniform. My mother was by this time a working woman, as a secretary. It's very endearing to me, because they are simply a beautiful couple, in love, having a picnic, who happen to be my mother and father.
This is the first time I have ever done a painting of my parents. I intend to do another of my brother. It feels good to be doing paintings of my family that I love.


2 comments:

manic gypsy said...

I think you really captured their joy at that moment....and with simple lines...well done...

Unknown said...

Thank you Joni for your comment and visiting! I was excited and happy to see your comment. Thank you for the encouraging and kind words words.

Dawn is leaving Monday to meet you. She's pumped I know!!! Drive safely and have a blast of a time together!