Monday, February 23, 2009

No TV Here!


I have been in a bit of a creative slump and haven't had much to write about on here. Spring is soon to arrive and well my Winter monochrome doldrum will lift.


I've been enjoying watching my little garden seedlings grow. They are looking more perky every day. It warms my heart to see things growing in Winter in hopes of planting my garden, which I dearly love.


I have been listening alot to the radio which is my main media these days, no TV for me, in many months now. A lot of positives doing this, not soo many negatives really. It's rather amazing how much you learn and focused you become on your environment when you don't have TV for diversion. It's all about learning for me, balance, creativity, life my environment and learning are all interdependent and related.


I was listening to the radio last week, the CBC call in show, Maritime Noon. It was all about Artists and the question posed was, why Artist's are not given the monentary value for work produced. The average Artist's income is $22,000. I thought wow, if I could make that I'd feel rich! The fellow Artist on CBC said, he and his wife are both Artists and he had the same sentiment, stating that between him and his wife, they make a total of $22,000. This is not at all surprising to me, nor I'm sure, not to most working Artists. There are so many reasons for this, regardless of how Artists contribute to the creative economy. There is now a report that has come out of NSCAN from many within the artistic community and those that support it. Here is the link. http://www.novascotiacan.ca/pdfs/report.pdf

No comments: